Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:32:32 +0600

Am 2015-07-19 um 14:37 schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> I seem to remember that Henning similarly did some LilyPond integration
> into Context and don't think that this is general knowledge.

Probably not, but ConTeXt at all is not really general knowledge ;)

But users who manage the learning curve of LilyPond, I would suppose to also
manage to learn ConTeXt - not that it’s as difficult, but because you need to
find your way through the documentation that is, ehm, not quite as well
structured as LilyPond’s.
But if you’re not content with LaTeX’s layout classes, then ConTeXt is the way
to go IMO - better define everything from scratch than tweak the code of others.

Anyway, my „integration“ is not much more than a setup for a general „filter“
module by one of our wizards, Aditya, that can be used to call arbitrary tools
for inline processing.

see wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond

Greetlings, Hraban
---