Re: Add comment to font.scm and lilypond-fonts.conf.in (issue 257940043

From: trueroad
Subject: Re: Add comment to font.scm and lilypond-fonts.conf.in (issue 257940043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:23:52 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/257940043/diff/1/scm/font.scm#newcode254
> scm/font.scm:254: ; are aliases that are defined in
mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in.
> `mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' is filename in the source files.
> It is changed by makefiles at building lilypond binaries and
installers.
> Its installed filename is `font/lilypond-fonts.conf'.

Maybe I am missing something - I am not a programmer - we cannot add
comments in
files that don't exist in the source but that are generated when they
are 'made'
(or built or whatever term you use). So as the file
font/lilypond-fonts.conf
doesn't actually exist, I don't know how else we would be able to tell
the user
what these 'LilyPond' fonts mean. Or did I misunderstand what you are
telling me
here? Sorry if that is the case.

In current lilypond, source file `mf/lilyond-fonts.conf.in' and
installed file `font/lilypond-fonts.conf' are same.
So your patch for `mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' is also effective for
`font/lilypond-fonts.conf'.

On the other hand, the comment in your patch for `scm/fonts.scm'
describes `mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' only.
It doesn't describe `font/lilypond-fonts.conf'.

When you read the comment in `scm/fonts.scm' in the source files, you
can find `mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' in the source files.
However, when you read the comment in `scm/fonts.scm' in the installed
files, you can not find `mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' in the installed
files.
`mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' isn't contained in the installed files.
`font/lilypond-fonts.conf' is contained in the installed files.

How about this?
```
; Note that 'LilyPond Serif', 'LilyPond Sans Serif' and 'Lilypond
Monospace'
; are aliases that are defined in mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in (source
file)

; or fonts/lilypond-fonts.conf (installed file).
```

https://codereview.appspot.com/257940043/