Re: Add comment to font.scm and lilypond-fonts.conf.in (issue 257940043

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Add comment to font.scm and lilypond-fonts.conf.in (issue 257940043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 16:05:52 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/257940043/diff/1/scm/font.scm#newcode254
> > scm/font.scm:254: ; are aliases that are defined in
mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in.
> > `mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' is filename in the source files.
> > It is changed by makefiles at building lilypond binaries and
installers.
> > Its installed filename is `font/lilypond-fonts.conf'.
>
> Maybe I am missing something - I am not a programmer - we cannot add
comments
in
> files that don't exist in the source but that are generated when
they are
'made'
> (or built or whatever term you use). So as the file
font/lilypond-fonts.conf
> doesn't actually exist, I don't know how else we would be able to
tell the
user
> what these 'LilyPond' fonts mean. Or did I misunderstand what you
are telling
me
> here? Sorry if that is the case.

In current lilypond, source file `mf/lilyond-fonts.conf.in' and
installed file
`font/lilypond-fonts.conf' are same.
So your patch for `mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' is also effective for
`font/lilypond-fonts.conf'.

On the other hand, the comment in your patch for `scm/fonts.scm'
describes
`mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' only.
It doesn't describe `font/lilypond-fonts.conf'.

When you read the comment in `scm/fonts.scm' in the source files, you
can find
`mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' in the source files.
However, when you read the comment in `scm/fonts.scm' in the installed
files,
you can not find `mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' in the installed files.
`mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in' isn't contained in the installed files.
`font/lilypond-fonts.conf' is contained in the installed files.

How about this?
```
; Note that 'LilyPond Serif', 'LilyPond Sans Serif' and 'Lilypond
Monospace'
; are aliases that are defined in mf/lilypond-fonts.conf.in (source
file)

; or fonts/lilypond-fonts.conf (installed file).
```

Thanks I have now done this.

https://codereview.appspot.com/257940043/