Re: StaffPad

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: StaffPad
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 11:59:51 +0100

Urs Liska wrote Thursday, October 08, 2015 10:34 AM

> Am 08.10.2015 um 11:32 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
>
>> I was quite impressed seeing the following video.
>>
>>   https://www.facebook.com/verge/videos/975966512439692/
>>
>> If writing music like this *really* works, I could imagine that even I
>> would use a computer instead of writing on paper...
>
> I think even more relevant to us is: is it ever possible to make that
> work for entering music into LilyPond?

It's pretty clear from the videos and the StaffPad blog

http://blog.staffpad.net/

that the main attraction of this is as a composing tool
(assuming it works well, of course), something that
LilyPond is not designed to do.  MusicXML provides the
link between the two, again assuming that it works well,
but at present that would be one-way only.

Trevor