Re: Cropped SVG Output

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Cropped SVG Output
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:40:07 +0200

Il giorno gio 15 ott 2015 alle 22:10, David Sankel <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I'm writing a Lilypond plugin for Sphinx and I'd like to use the SVG output to embed the lilypond output into html files. Compared to PNG embedding, SVG will allow a single webpage to look crisp on many different devices and
minimizes the bandwidth necessary on clients.

do you know that someone wrote a lilypond plugin sometime ago (it's on bitbucket)?
probably not maintained anymore

The problem I'm running into is that the SVG output option produces a SVG file with a length and width of the entire page that I'm trying to render. The PNG output, on the other hand, crops the score to the area with visible elements on it. Of course, when embedding, I'm looking for a visible area
crop. Does anyone know if a cropped SVG output is possible?

yes, try:

lilypond -dpreview -dbackend=svg test.ly