Re: LilyDev version 4.0 released

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: LilyDev version 4.0 released
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 21:25:53 +0100

Il giorno dom 25 ott 2015 alle 21:14, Paul Morris <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I’ve installed and used the new LilyDev 4 and am glad to report that everything is working well. Thanks for updating it.

Thanks, I'm glad that it's useful

  Here are a couple minor things I’ve noticed:

- gedit wasn't installed on my instance for some reason.

It's because I forgot it while rearranging configuration files:
https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/commit/ffeb242eac86530b4e0c70261c4c558f9c1e8d43

Or maybe I decided that Geany was enough. But I can put gedit back in the list.

- nano is already set up as the default editor (which is great for those like myself who don’t have a clue about vi/vim) so it probably makes sense to edit the CG[1] to make it clearer that if you’re using LilyDev you don’t need to bother with setting nano as the editor with git config.

[1] http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/setting-up#configuring-git

LilyDev uses the $EDITOR variable