Re: Issue 4504 whiteout-style

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Issue 4504 whiteout-style
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 23:02:30 +0100

Hello Paul,

On 25.10.2015 20:39, Paul Morris wrote:
Introduce whiteout-style, with options of
     'box and 'outline, as a grob property to be
     used with the whiteout grob property, and as
     an optional property of the whiteout markup
     command.
Remove the whiteout-box grob property and
     markup command, and use whiteout-style
     instead.
Make the box style of whiteout the default
     style again, as it was before issue 4418.

I think this is not the best possible setting: If I want to apply whiteout-outline now, I have to use two overrides. IMO it would be easier to use if we had the two properties
– whiteout [possibly whiteout-style], with options 'none, 'box, and 'outline
– and whiteout-padding (a number).
What do you think?

Yours, Simon