Re: LilyDev 4.0 first impressions

From: James
Subject: Re: LilyDev 4.0 first impressions
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 19:26:28 +0000

Hello Menu,

On 24/11/15 18:59, Menu Jacques wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I’ve but the app and doc alright.
>
> At 4.6.3 Testing LilyPond binary, it is not said in which folder to cd prior
> to « make test ».
> Same remarque for 9.3 Compiling regression tests.
The same folder as you did all the 'make' operations (make and make doc).

I prefer to make an out of tree build

cd $LILYPOND_GIT
./autogen.sh --noconfigure
mkdir build
cd build
../configure --disable-optimising
make
make test-baseline
make doc (optional - takes a long time).

cd ..

apply patch (in top level of $LILYPOND_GIT)

cd build

make
make check

--

Then I can rm the build dir if anything goes terribly wrong and start
again. Although I usually 'clean' my $LILYPOND_GIT as well  by running

rm -rf build
./autogen.sh
make distclean

Then start again.

> At 2.3 Compiling with LilyDev, firefox should be replaced by chromium to test
> the doc.
Any particular reason why?

> Launching it succeeds, but produces a message when Chromium exits:
>
> 19:50:40 (169) menu@ - ~/lilypond-git > chromium
> $LILYPOND_GIT/build/out-www/offline-root/index.html
> getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE) failed
Yes it does this, or similar, for other browsers to (although I don't
know why). It seems to have no ill effects.