Re: SOLVED (Re: stepmake in lilypond)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: SOLVED (Re: stepmake in lilypond)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 13:19:10 +0100

Villum Sejersen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 18-12-2015 09:31, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Villum Sejersen<address@hidden>  writes:
>>> [...]
>>> Well, that's good to know, but where is it documented?
>> Documenting all non-dependencies would be excessive.
>
> Then I suggest that at least 1.9 in INSTALL.txt should be
> reformulated. As written now it is really confusing, leading - as I
> did - to expect to have to look for an external dependency.

It says:

    1.9 Build system

    We currently use make and stepmake, which is complicated and only used
    by us.  Hopefully this will change in the future.

"Only used by us" does not sound like an external dependency.  And 1.2.2
and 1.4.2 deal with dependencies.  Why would you expect information
about dependencies to come far after compilation instructions?