Re: Snippet 706: Generating custom flags

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Snippet 706: Generating custom flags
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 11:43:40 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:38 AM

In the PDF version of the snippet above, the "fl" letters of "flag"
are missing.  I think this is probably because they are being
converted to a ligatured glyph, and then not displaying.  Anyone
know how to prevent this from happening?

If I understand correctly, it is pdfTeX issue.

In my environment, after full make doc,
build/Documentation/snippets.texi2pdf.log shows the following:

```
pdfTeX warning: pdfetex (file /usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/tex-gyre
/qcsr.pfb): glyph `f_i' undefined

Yep, the font in question only contains `fi' and `fl' glyph names.

   Werner

How could we fix this?

--
Phil Holmes