Re: Lose the tagline (permanently)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lose the tagline (permanently)
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 19:27:22 +0100

Malte Meyn <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 28.02.2016 um 03:56 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
>> But I would prefer if it behaved as the other header variables do,
> off by default, and can be turned on and modified at will. Keep the
> function, but make the default off.
>
> How about setting tagline to ##t prints the default text?

No.  The whole point of the tagline is to provide exposure for LilyPond
when people don't mind (or don't mind enough to consult the manual).
Not to provide exposure for LilyPond for those who really put work into
it.

I'm fine with making it classier rather than flashy.  But removing it is
not doing us a favor.