Re: Lose the tagline (permanently)

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Lose the tagline (permanently)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 15:20:08 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Noeck [via Lilypond] <
address@hidden> wrote:

> >> I'm fine with making it classier rather than flashy.  But removing it
> is
> >> not doing us a favor.
> >>

> > Even though I don't love having print by default, there are times when I
> do
> > leave it and having it classier is a wonderful idea.
>
> Classier sounds good. My proposal stands [1]:
>     LilyPond 2.XY – lilypond.org
> Not because I insist on this version but to narrow the discussion a bit
> to actual proposals – "classier" is a quite wide range ;)

How about

Engraved with LilyPond X.Y---lilypond.org

I know it's not much shorter than

Music engraving by LilyPond X.Y---www.lilypond.org

but it is more concise and direct to the point of the default tagline is to
show _what_ did the engraving and not necessarily _who_.

Best,
Abraham