Re: Let ', ' separate symbol lists like '.' does (issue 290490043 by add

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Let ', ' separate symbol lists like '.' does (issue 290490043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 22:50:56 +0000

On 2016/03/09 09:10:42, dak wrote:
On 2016/03/08 23:28:37, thomasmorley651 wrote:

> I firstly had some concerns about problems arising from people being
tempted
> write additional spaces after the comma, though with:
>
> blub = #(define-void-function (arg)(list?) (write (map
symbol->string arg)))
> \blub foo . bar . buzz
>
> I noticed no problem. Hence I expect no problems with commas as
well.

Unfortunately, there is in lyricsmode.  As opposed to non-quoted stuff
starting
with a '.', ',' is not special.  I considered changing that, but while
that
would have allowed \blub foo , bar , buzz or even \blub foo ,bar ,buzz
it would
not have helped with the much more important \blub foo, bar, buzz so
it is sort
of pointless.  And we definitely do not want to split foo, into two
tokens in
lyricsmode.  So in lyricsmode, we'd more or less be stuck with
foo,bar,buzz .

ok

So all-in-all, it is a bit of a so-so improvement.  Its main
motivation for me
really is not to have to use '.' for grouping numbers since it is
already used
inside of numbers.  And it does make tag lists look nicer.  And
lyricsmode is
not really overcrowded with music functions so this will likely not
become an
issue all too often.

agreed

https://codereview.appspot.com/290490043/