Re: Doc: CG - Re-organize information about 'Patches' (issue 291160043 b

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Doc: CG - Re-organize information about 'Patches' (issue 291160043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 18:15:29 +0000

Thanks Paul.

https://codereview.appspot.com/291160043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/291160043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi#newcode853
Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi:853: * The patch review
cycle::
On 2016/03/13 17:04:04, pwm wrote:
I think it makes sense to keep the sections dealing with commits and
patches
separate.  That way when you need to make a commit (but are not ready
to make a
patch yet) you can easily find Basic Git procedures > Commits in order
refresh yourself on how to do it, what the expectations are for commit
messages,
etc.  (This is why I recently separated Commits and Patches.)  So we
could have
something like:

* The Git contributor's cycle::
* Pulling and rebasing::
* Using local branches::
* Commits::
* Patches::
* The patch review cycle::

Where "Patches" covers creating patches and uploading a patch for
review.  Or it
could be called "Patches and uploading them for review" or just
"Uploading
patches for review" or something like that?

I've opted for this

* The Git contributor's cycle::
* Pulling and rebasing::
* Using local branches::
* Commits::
* Patches::
* Uploading a patch for review::
* The patch review cycle::

That way those more expert devs that already know how to create a patch
but may not know our review process can find this section more easily.

https://codereview.appspot.com/291160043/