Re: Tie properties vs. slur properties.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Tie properties vs. slur properties.
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 19:22:56 +0200

tisimst <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 12:50 AM, David Kastrup [via Lilypond] <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not particularly enamored with the details either, but if you
>> take a look at stuff like the harp diagram details, they are really a
>> long long list.  Overriding all of them individually is effort.
>>

> Ah, yes. That makes sense. Thank you for making it possible to do both
> Grob.details.property and Grob.details = #'((property . ...))

That one wasn't my idea.  I merely reimplemented it in order to make it
work reliably with predictable semantics without putting too much of a
downer on performance.  It wasn't used heavily before partly because it
was a bit hit-and-miss once you tried combining it with reverts (and
since the default for \override is to revert before setting, this does
not exactly happen rarely).