Re: rsvg-view can't display SVG files created by lilypond

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: rsvg-view can't display SVG files created by lilypond
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 17:20:41 +0100

On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 18:08 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> EyeOfGnome and Gimp - which use librsvg just like rsvg-view - do not
> display anything.
>
> The problem is:
>
> fill="currentColor"

This use by LilyPond's SVG output of "currentColor" is something I ran
up against when rendering LilyPond's SVG from Denemo. I could not find
any way of making sure that currentColor didn't come out the same as the
background color, so that nothing was seen. I resorted to the LilyPond
code that specifies that the color of all grobs is "black" and then all
was well.
A quick glance at my code suggests that

\applyContext #(override-color-for-all-grobs (x11-color 'black)

will work as a workaround if uploading to Wikipedia.

Would it be a good idea simply to change LilyPond's output, since
"currentColor" seems problematic - LilyPond could use "black" unless it
got overridden by the LilyPond user.

Richard