Re: rsvg-view can't display SVG files created by lilypond

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: rsvg-view can't display SVG files created by lilypond
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 14:45:54 +0100

On Thu, 2016-06-09 at 14:20 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Except that it would make it impossible to draw in colors other than
> >> black.  That was the rationale for using currentColor in the first
> >> place.
> >
> > Oh, if that is the case then I'm misremembering - I thought I found
> > that explicitly set colors over-rode the value currentColor (or
> > "black" or whatever you put at that place in the code).
>
> What is "that place"?

> address@hidden:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ git grep currentColor
> Documentation/misc/ChangeLog-2.10:      change black to currentColor
> everywhere. This fixes color support
> scm/output-svg.scm:          (set-attribute 'fill "currentColor"))

yes "that place" was output-svg.scm, I just did a replace in document
command IIRC, but I didn't notice the entry in the ChangeLog which
indicates that there is some purpose behind using "currentColor".
 My problem was I didn't seem to be able to control what colors librsvg
chose, and it chose to make it white.

Richard