Re: Doc: Add a section about handling MIDI dynamics with multiple voices

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Doc: Add a section about handling MIDI dynamics with multiple voices (issue 302930043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 13:58:03 -0700

This is too wordy for the notation reference.  We need to have a minimum
number of words in the NR, and instead show things by examples.

It should just have examples that show the problem and the solution.
Since we can't see the MIDI output in the manual, there should be a
statement of what happens in the MIDI.

Thanks,

Carl

https://codereview.appspot.com/302930043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/302930043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode3022
Documentation/notation/input.itely:3022: @node MIDI dynamics and voices
This section is too tutorial in language for the notation reference.
Such a section should be added to the Learning Manual, if it is needed.

Otherwise, this section should be greatly reduced, to just show the code
that introduces the problem and alternative code that can avoid the
problem.

https://codereview.appspot.com/302930043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely
File Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/302930043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely#newcode410
Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely:410: This section presents the
ways to express single-staff
This should actually just be a SeeAlso, as you have listed below.  We
don't need this paragraph in the notation reference.

The Notation Reference is not a tutorial; it needs to be as brief as
possible.

https://codereview.appspot.com/302930043/