Re: GSoC spanners review/update

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GSoC spanners review/update
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:20:11 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Chou" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:26 AM
Subject: GSoC spanners review/update

Hello,

I have (except for one question below) finished adapting
Dynamic_engraver and Dynamic_align_engraver to work cross-voice. I
plan to continue with other spanners (perhaps slurs next), but I want
to make sure I am on the right track. I organized my current progress
in the gsoc-2016-spanners branch on my GitHub fork (
https://github.com/starrynte/lilypond/compare/master...gsoc-2016-spanners
); any feedback would be welcome. Should I create an issue and upload
what I currently have (working cross-voice support for dynamics) to
Rietveld for code review? Or should I leave that for the end when the
project is completed?

I would suggest you create an issue and upload a patch to Rietveld once you have a body of working, self contained code. Doing the entire project in stages like this will make for better review and less chance of problems with incorporating it in the master code.

AFAICS you don't have permission yet to create issues on Allura. If you create a SourceForge account and request permission for that account on this mailing list, Trevor or I will add you to the contributors.

--
Phil Holmes