Re: Gub failure

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Gub failure
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 15:46:04 +0200

Il giorno mer 27 lug 2016 alle 12:41, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Gub is now updated and uploading. I would suggest that it is not necessary to wait for LilyDev to be updated, since I would certainly not download the whole image just to get an updated version of texinfo. Could we not just
add the instructions in a note to devel and an update to the CG?

Don't get me wrong - I think an update to LilyDev is a very good idea. I
just don't think it will help most current developers.

I agree.
I'll update LilyDev and upload a new ISO file in a few days.

Current developers using LilyDev can update this way:

1. Add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian testing main

2. Add the file /etc/apt/preferences with the following content:

Package: texinfo
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 900

3. Install the new version with: