Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue

From: paulwmorris
Subject: Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue 306350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 08:49:42 -0700

Patch set 3 uploaded, with just one example image on the home page and a
list of links to the other examples on the examples page.  I like how
this gets an image of sheet music onto the home page and helps
communicate the wide range of LilyPond's use cases.

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByNTIEA63_a_ZzMtNTFiZHFqN2c

The news links and examples links now link directly to their individual
news item or example.  I realized that the anchor tags (<a>) already
exist in the generated HTML for headings, so it's just a matter of using
them.

(I figured out how to use them for the website.  I consulted the texinfo
manuals but could not find a way to make these kinds of links work for
other output formats.  I assume that when we have support for @anchor it
would work.)

(While an interactive accordion or slide-show would be nice, it would be
more work than I can take on at this point.)

-Paul

https://codereview.appspot.com/306350043/