Re: Staging not merging with master - make website fails

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Staging not merging with master - make website fails
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 14:56:00 +0100

I think you will definitely have to back out the current commit, add the images and repush to staging. My notes on how to do this:

Removing and recreating staging
-------------------------------

First do something like
git fetch
git log -3 origin/staging

to be really, really sure what commit you want to have in staging rather
than the one that currently is there, and that you are sure that you
will only lose your own commit and nothing else. Then do

git push origin :staging
git push origin commit-id-that-you-actually-wanted:refs/heads/staging

The first line deletes the staging branch, the second reestablishes it.

Then push your new patch.

--
Phil Holmes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul" <address@hidden>