Re: Staging not merging with master - make website fails

From: Paul
Subject: Re: Staging not merging with master - make website fails
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 13:17:55 -0400

On 09/24/2016 12:55 PM, Phil Holmes wrote:

And by the wonder that is the website build, you'll see that lilypond.org is already showing the new front page.

Indeed!  Very nice.

One problem... the news page is redirecting to the home page because the htaccess file here:

  Documentation/web/server/lilypond.org.htaccess

has these lines (46-47):

  # the new website has news on the main page
  RedirectMatch ^/news    /

(Of course this didn't show up in local testing, and I didn't think to check the htaccess rewrite rules. Sorry about that.)

So we should remove those lines to fix it. How to proceed? Let me know what I can do. I'm can prepare a separate commit to remove those lines, or we can back out the current commit and I can make a new commit that has the htaccess changes.

-Paul