Re: Help with GUB, or manual cross-compile

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Help with GUB, or manual cross-compile
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 11:29:35 +0000

On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 at 14:42 Masamichi Hosoda <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Following up a conversation on the user list, as this might be a
> >> better
> >> place to ask... I think we've established that the only way to compile
> >> for
> >> Windows is to use GUB on Linux to cross-compile for mingw.
> >
> > Well I *think* Masamichi Hosoda compiles on Windows - I only say this
>
> Yes, I compile LilyPond on Windows.
> But, I use cygwin environment.
> So built binary is for cygwin instead of mingw.
>
> If you accept cygwin, you can build LilyPond like Linux way.

Hi, after a *lot* of installing of cygwin dependencies, I've got Lilypond
built in the 64bit environment ...
...and this assertion is not thrown (at least not for the 2.19.49 head -- I
suspect it's unlikely anything's been fixed since 2.19.48).

Interesting, but perhaps not a surprise, since a Cygwin build is probably
rather closer to running on native Linux than mingw.  Back to the drawing
board, I think...

Chris