Re: Help with GUB, or manual cross-compile

From: James
Subject: Re: Help with GUB, or manual cross-compile
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 13:25:54 +0100

Hello,

On 01/10/16 09:36, Chris Yate wrote:
Following up a conversation on the user list, as this might be a better
place to ask... I think we've established that the only way to compile for
Windows is to use GUB on Linux to cross-compile for mingw.

Well I *think* Masamichi Hosoda compiles on Windows - I only say this as I had some private email conversations last year about this to possibly document this in the Contributor's Guide when I had some spare time to try it out for myself (I always like to make sure that I can do something before I document it), and that by using the windows based GNU Utils (i.e. cygwin) he was able to make and make doc without having to use GUB.

I have cc'd him in case I was mistaken.

Apologies in advance.

James