Re: How can I read/use properties of LyricText while processing LyricHyp

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: How can I read/use properties of LyricText while processing LyricHyphen?
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 12:10:22 +0200

Am 06.10.2016 um 11:04 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
Hi Knut,

thanks for taking this on!

On 06.10.2016 09:11, Knut Petersen wrote:
To solve issue 1255 I added a "use-markup" and a "text" property to LyricHyphen
and changed lyric-hyphen.cc
to use Text_interface::print if the use-markup property is true.

I’d prefer to have an alternative stencil procedure available (so one would
choose between e.g. ly:lyric-hyphen::print-graphic and
ly:lyric-hyphen::print-text)

That's also a possibility. But then I think it would be better to keep the old
name for the default rounded-box hyphen and
ly:lyric-hyphen::print-text for the now code.

instead of creating a new property. That would seem more semantically
appropriate.
Also, shouldn’t it suffice to add text-interface to LyricHyphen, instead of
manually adding a ‘text’ property?

Yes, I also added text-interace to LyricHyphen, but a default value for text
"-" needs to be defined somewhere:

    (LyricHyphen
     . (
        (after-line-breaking . ,ly:spanner::kill-zero-spanned-time)
        (dash-period . 10.0)
        (height . 0.42)
        (length . 0.66)
        (minimum-distance . 0.1)
        (minimum-length . 0.3)
        (padding . 0.07)
        (springs-and-rods . ,ly:lyric-hyphen::set-spacing-rods)
        (stencil . ,ly:lyric-hyphen::print)
        (text . "-")
        (vertical-skylines . ,grob::unpure-vertical-skylines-from-stencil)
        (thickness . 1.3)
        (Y-extent . (0 . 0))
        (meta . ((class . Spanner)
                 (interfaces . (font-interface