How can I read/use properties of LyricText while processing LyricHyphen?

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: How can I read/use properties of LyricText while processing LyricHyphen?
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 09:11:19 +0200

Hi everybody!

To solve issue 1255 I added a "use-markup" and a "text" property to LyricHyphen
and changed lyric-hyphen.cc
to use Text_interface::print if the use-markup property is true. That works,
but one question remains: If I use
font overrides I need to use the same overrides for both LyricHyphen and
LyricText, e.g.:

    \context{
      \Lyrics
      \override LyricHyphen.use-markup = ##t
      \override LyricHyphen.text = "-"
      \override LyricHyphen #'font-size = #'2.0
      \override LyricHyphen #'font-name = "Minion Pro SmBd Cond"
      \override LyricText #'font-size = #'2.0
      \override LyricText #'font-name = "Minion Pro SmBd Cond"
    }

I think it would be much nicer if LyricHyphen would default to use the same
font settings as LyricText ... but
how can I read the LyricText font settings while processing the LyricHyphen
event?

To generalize the question: How can I obtain the current value of a property of
one object while processing
the event of another object in a c++ source?

Cheers,
 Knut