Re: Add `-dgs-neverembed-fonts` option (issue 312970043 by address@hidde

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Add `-dgs-neverembed-fonts` option (issue 312970043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 05:42:55 -0700

While I don't have any technical contribution and I don't want to stop
useful
functionality but I notice that the command contains the phrase 'never
embed'
but the description says that it *does* embed fonts after all.

The wording is tricky.  TrueType and OpenType fonts are not `normal'
fonts on the PostScript side; you can't address them directly, only by
using Ghostscript extensions.  So if you have PostScript code that says
`never embed', it affects only fonts that are PS resources – and both
TTFs and OTFs are not.

I am happy to help with the documentation if language is a difficulty
describe, but fundamentally what is the purpose of this command and
why, as a
user, would I want to use (and perhaps not to use it?).

I leave a detailed answer to Masamichi-san :-)

https://codereview.appspot.com/312970043/