Re: Whiteout / LyricHyphen

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Whiteout / LyricHyphen
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 23:13:03 +0100

On 02.11.2016 21:36, Carl Sorensen wrote:
So I don't know whether to say "include the code because we need the
functionality" or "keep it out, because we don't want to break
consistency".

Consistency has already been broken in the 2.19 series, and for good reason. The precise form of the whiteout really isn’t that crucial that we’d need to refrain from changing it again. And I’d say the circumstances warrant doing it, perhaps by having LyricHyphen.whiteout-style default to #'lyric-hyphen-whiteout or similar.

Best, Simon