Re: guile2: string-delete and string-filter

From: Antonio Ospite
Subject: Re: guile2: string-delete and string-filter
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 19:57:52 +0100

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 13:50:48 +0100
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Antonio,

Thomas, first of all, thanks for pushing the dev/guile-2-work git
branch.

> I had a look at your patch:
> 0012-XXX-fix-some-warnings-about-string-delete-and-string.patch
>
> In it's current state this patch will stop guile-1.8 from working, if
> the changed procedures are called.
> I think we need to differ between the versions, because LilyPond
> should keep being compilable with guile-1.8
>
> How about the attached?

The changes look fine to me.
Maybe only check the indentation to see if it follows the current style
(3 spaces?).

However AFAICS this patch only fixes warnings, not actual bugs, so this
is not urgent.

Have you decided how to handle the updates to the dev/guile-2-work
branch?

Ciao,
   Antonio

--