Stepping up, contributor mentoring

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Stepping up, contributor mentoring
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 15:11:42 -0800

Hi all, I'm back.

So, are there any vacancies on the Bug Squad?  I've signed up for
sourceforge (username: gperciva).  Other than that, my primary
interest remains in organization / mentoring new contributors.
Has anything changed in regards to that in the past four years?
Or shall I jump straight in?  I see that "Contributor 1.4 Mentors"
hasn't changed.

Anything else I should know?  I've skimmed the past month of this
mailing list.

(I was planning on waiting until the new year, but David's news
made me re-evaluate my health now, and I think I have the energy
to take on more stuff.  To make a long story short: depression,
burnout, quit academia, moved back to Vancouver, recovery.  Also,
started ballroom and swing dancing!  Great fun, absolutely
recommended, *especially* for other shy, socially anxious computer
geeks.  Despite that help, I'm still not 100% recovered, but I'm
content with my progress, and I think that doing more volunteer
work will help.)