Re: Stepping up, contributor mentoring

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Stepping up, contributor mentoring
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 18:23:15 +0100

On 30.11.2016 00:40, David Kastrup wrote:
Graham Percival<address@hidden>  writes:

Hi all, I'm back.
Excellent news that could not have come at a better time.

So, are there any vacancies on the Bug Squad?
I vaguely fear so.  In spite of the Bug Squad's importance I've been
lousy at keeping track of it and motivating people.  So I suspect people
dropped out of the Squad silently because of not feeling useful or
appreciated.  I sure hope my vague handwavy impression will be proven
wrong here...

IIUC, I’m currently responsible for two of seven Bug Squad shifts, however I have not at all kept with the official guidelines, instead just taken action if it seemed necessary. E.g., I have to thank Federico for solely keeping up with verifying fixed issues. This is not at all related to anything you might have done or not done, David, but due to myself being busy with other things. I hope that we still succeeded as Bug Squad to keep at least some reliability.

Best, Simon