Re: GSoC projects list

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GSoC projects list
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 09:24:50 +0100 (CET)

>> . a figured bass mode similar to (jazz) chord mode to display
>>   figured bass as chords
>
> What do you mean exactly? Determining the chord name from the
> figures and displaying it?

This also, but mainly displaying the figured bass chord as notes
(which is essentially equivalent).

>> . Developing and implementing an OpenType Scheme API.
>
> Do you mean a way to access the extended font features from
> LilyPond, so I can get real caps or swash alternates etc.?

Yes.

> Or is there even more to it?

There is more to it, but those details shouldn't bother us much,
because we are going to use the Pango interface anyway, AFAIK.

> Abraham, do you think you'd be capable of mentoring such a project?

I could co-mentor it (being a font technology geek :-) but certainly
not being the main mentor.

    Werner