Re: trouble uploading a patch

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: trouble uploading a patch
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 01:46:20 +0000

> Harm,
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>> I don't want to put anyone to the trouble of shepherding this for me,
>>> since I can't predict how drawn out the review process will be.
>>

>> Nevertheless, how about sending me a git-formated patch?
>> I could try to to upload. At least we could check whether it's a
>> general git-cl problem or whether it's related to your setup.
>> Though, I'll not able to do anything before tomorrow evening.
>>

> OK, that would be much appreciated.  Patch attached.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Hi David,

I found some time and had no problems uploading it.

Although, I needed to do
sudo /sbin/vboxconfig
on my VirtualBox, which is $ uname -a
Linux my-host 3.16.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u3
(2015-08-04) i686 GNU/Linux

Here the terminal output for the upload

[lilypond-git (dev/david-patch-test)]$ git cl upload origin/master
 Documentation/changes.tely                                  | 18
++++++++++++++++++
 Documentation/notation/editorial.itely                      | 13 ++++++++++---
 Documentation/snippets/new/analysis-brackets-with-labels.ly | 38
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 input/regression/horizontal-bracket-broken-texted.ly        | 25
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
 input/regression/horizontal-bracket-texted.ly               | 33
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 lily/horizontal-bracket-engraver.cc                         | 31
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 lily/horizontal-bracket.cc                                  |  6 +-----
 scm/define-grob-interfaces.scm                              |  5 +++++
 scm/define-grob-properties.scm                              |  1 +
 scm/define-grobs.scm                                        | 18
++++++++++++++++++
 scm/output-lib.scm                                          | 27
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Upload server: codereview.appspot.com (change with -s/--server)
Your browser has been opened to visit:

    https://codereview.appspot.com/get-access-token?port=8001

If your browser is on a different machine then exit and re-run
upload.py with the command-line parameter

  --no_oauth2_webbrowser

Issue created. URL: http://codereview.appspot.com/315570043
Uploading base file for Documentation/changes.tely
Uploading base file for scm/define-grob-properties.scm
Uploading base file for scm/define-grobs.scm
Uploading base file for
Documentation/snippets/new/analysis-brackets-with-labels.ly
Uploading base file for input/regression/horizontal-bracket-broken-texted.ly
Uploading base file for lily/horizontal-bracket.cc
Uploading base file for input/regression/horizontal-bracket-texted.ly
Uploading base file for scm/define-grob-interfaces.scm
Uploading base file for Documentation/notation/editorial.itely
Uploading base file for lily/horizontal-bracket-engraver.cc
Uploading base file for scm/output-lib.scm
We were not able to associate this patch with a tracker issue.
Please enter a valid tracker issue number
(or enter nothing to create a new issue):
Ticket created at: https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5064/
Tracker issue done: 5064

Cheers,
  Harm