Re: trouble uploading a patch

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: trouble uploading a patch
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 07:37:44 -0600

Hi Harm,

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Harm,

>>> Nevertheless, how about sending me a git-formated patch?
>>> I could try to to upload. At least we could check whether it's a
>>> general git-cl problem or whether it's related to your setup.
>>> Though, I'll not able to do anything before tomorrow evening.
>>>

>> OK, that would be much appreciated.  Patch attached.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David
>
> Hi David,
>
> I found some time and had no problems uploading it.
>
> Although, I needed to do
> sudo /sbin/vboxconfig
> on my VirtualBox, which is $ uname -a
> Linux my-host 3.16.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u3
> (2015-08-04) i686 GNU/Linux
>
> Here the terminal output for the upload
>

> [lilypond-git (dev/david-patch-test)]$ git cl upload origin/master
>  Documentation/changes.tely                                  | 18
> ++++++++++++++++++
>  Documentation/notation/editorial.itely                      | 13
> ++++++++++---
>  Documentation/snippets/new/analysis-brackets-with-labels.ly | 38
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  input/regression/horizontal-bracket-broken-texted.ly        | 25
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  input/regression/horizontal-bracket-texted.ly               | 33
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  lily/horizontal-bracket-engraver.cc                         | 31
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
>  lily/horizontal-bracket.cc                                  |  6 +-----
>  scm/define-grob-interfaces.scm                              |  5 +++++
>  scm/define-grob-properties.scm                              |  1 +
>  scm/define-grobs.scm                                        | 18
> ++++++++++++++++++
>  scm/output-lib.scm                                          | 27
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Upload server: codereview.appspot.com (change with -s/--server)
> Your browser has been opened to visit:
>
>     https://codereview.appspot.com/get-access-token?port=8001
>
> If your browser is on a different machine then exit and re-run
> upload.py with the command-line parameter
>
>   --no_oauth2_webbrowser
>
> Issue created. URL: http://codereview.appspot.com/315570043
> Uploading base file for Documentation/changes.tely
> Uploading base file for scm/define-grob-properties.scm
> Uploading base file for scm/define-grobs.scm
> Uploading base file for
> Documentation/snippets/new/analysis-brackets-with-labels.ly
> Uploading base file for input/regression/horizontal-bracket-broken-texted.ly
> Uploading base file for lily/horizontal-bracket.cc
> Uploading base file for input/regression/horizontal-bracket-texted.ly
> Uploading base file for scm/define-grob-interfaces.scm
> Uploading base file for Documentation/notation/editorial.itely
> Uploading base file for lily/horizontal-bracket-engraver.cc
> Uploading base file for scm/output-lib.scm
> [...]

Thanks for testing this!  It confirms what I was thinking--that this
is a problem on my end.

Though I do have an internet connection in my VirtualBox VM (on a
Win10 system), I seem not to be able to maintain a connection to
https://codereview.appspot.com for long enough for the uploads of all
the base files to happen.  Maybe something to do with a VirtualBox
configuration, maybe I have to figure out a way to request another
connection authomatically when one fails, I'm afraid I'm way out of my
depth here.

I notice that the patch has gotten swept up into the review process.
If you like, I will tell James to remove it, or maybe put it into
waiting so I can figure out how to fix my machine?  (It's already
gotten a review!) I don't want to put you or anybody to extra trouble.

Thanks again--
David