Re: Add lilypond version predicates/operators (issue 317270043 by addres

From: paulwmorris
Subject: Re: Add lilypond version predicates/operators (issue 317270043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 07:36:21 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/317270043/diff/40001/scm/lily-library.scm
File scm/lily-library.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/317270043/diff/40001/scm/lily-library.scm#newcode895
scm/lily-library.scm:895: "Lexicographically compare to lists @var{a}
and @var{b} using
I like David's suggestion for a more general function name, something
like "lexicographic-list-compare?", "list-compare?",
"lexicographic-compare?", or someting similar?

Typo: compare to lists -> compare two lists

https://codereview.appspot.com/317270043/diff/40001/scm/lily-library.scm#newcode911
scm/lily-library.scm:911: sequence or a list of numbers with up to three
elements."
To me it would be simpler and clearer to only accept a list for the
version.  That also makes it easy to use a variable:
(ly:version? > '(2 18 2))
(ly:version? > my-version)

I can't think of advantages to also accepting the other form (aside from
saving a few keystrokes).  Am I missing something?
(ly:version? > 2 18 2)

https://codereview.appspot.com/317270043/