Re: Update copyright for 2016/17 files, and script (issue 320390043 by a

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Update copyright for 2016/17 files, and script (issue 320390043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 08:35:29 +0100

Am 23.03.2017 um 08:19 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
>> Unfortunately I don't find a link right now, but it is my
>> understanding that the copyright notice should only be updated to
>> files that have actually been modified.
> AFAIK, this is not correct.  The copyright is applied to the *package*
> lilypond, so if *any* file changes, the copyright notice of all files
> should be updated.
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html

Thanks, this might have saved me some work.

Concretely the page says "it is not required to keep track of which
files have seen significant changes in the new year and which have not.
It is recommended and simpler to add the new year to all files in the
package, and be done with it for the rest of the year."

So if we do have a script that automatically updates only changed files
nothing speaks against using it, isn't it? I would say "recommended and
simpler" is actually meaning "recommended because it simpler" ...

Urs

--
address@hidden
https://openlilylib.org