Re: Add a \voicify command (issue 320820043 by address@hidden)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Add a \voicify command (issue 320820043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 17:54:10 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> I've only read the documentation, and I agree with Trevor that this is a
> real improvement.
>
> One question/suggestion: Would it be possible to have \voicify accept a
> single symbol with a "pattern", which should allow two entries like
> #'top-bottom and #'bottom-top? This could count the number of following
> expressions and calculate the list (like 1,3,5,6,4,2 in the docs example).

No.  A symbol already has meaning.

You could try separate commands \voicifyUp and \voicifyDown .  I am not
sure whether or not \voicify should not be \voices or \voicing or
\voicings instead, possibly making for nicer compounds like that.

I mean, something like

\voices 1,3,4 ...

possibly stresses the connection with \voiceOne, \voiceThree, \voiceFour
better.  And then \voicesUp and \voicesDown ?  Somehow a bit too close
to \stemUp / \stemDown meaning something entirely different.
Upwards/Downwards ?  Rising/Falling ?