Re: LilyDev4 and Guile2.2 ?

From: Paul
Subject: Re: LilyDev4 and Guile2.2 ?
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 00:44:43 -0400

On 04/13/2017 02:23 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:

Hi Paul,

meanwhile I do most on my host, not in the VB.

I compiled guile-1.8 and guile-2.0.14 from the released tarball and
2.2.0 from the guile-repository.
Once compiled it's pretty unexpensive to do 'make install' on the
guile-version you wish.

Also, I have three times the lilypond-repository, each compiled with a
different guile-version.

So I can check quickly whatever I need with different versions of
lilypond/guile.

Probably not the way for you, but very convenient in my eyes.

Hi Harm, Thanks for the info. I thought there were problems with having guile1 and guile2.x installed at the same time? Or is that just if you're relying on package managers?

I cloned my working LilyDev4 virtual machine and upgraded it to debian9. The upgrade went fine, but trying to boot into it... same black screen forever after grub screen and 'loading initial ramdisk'...

But, using the advanced options on the grub screen I can select Linux 3.16... (instead of 4.9.0...) and it successfully boots. So that's progress. :-) Next step is to install guile2.2

Cheers,
-Paul