Re: New repeat type

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: New repeat type
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 00:10:35 +0000

-------- Original message --------
From: Dan Eble <address@hidden>
Date: 8/29/17 5:33 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>
Cc: LilyPond Development Team <address@hidden>

> On Aug 29, 2017, at 19:14, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I wouldnt, because it is not a repeat.

Not even as

  \alternative {
    \new Lyrics { \stanzaI }
    \new Lyrics { \stanzaII }
  }

to be treated as simultaneous during engraving but unfolded before performing?
—
Dan

Repeats result in sequential music, regardless of whether they are volta,
unfold, or tremolo, right?

There are no repeats named by that structure that I am aware of in the music
literature that create simultaneous music.

If we want to do something like this I think we should call it a lyricrepeat,
or a stanzarepeat.

But the most common stanza repeat stuctire in my experience is a verse-chorus
structure:

\stanzarepeat \stanzas { \new lyrics {\stanza1}{\stanza2}{\stanza3}} {\chorus}