Re: New repeat type

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: New repeat type
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 02:20:47 +0200

On 30.08.2017 23:42, Dan Eble wrote:
The disease is that Lilypond needs to see lyrics for multiple stanzas encoded
as simultaneous music in order to set them one below another, and the right
action is to cure that

I find the metaphor slightly too strong, since I think the ‘cure’ is merely in devising an intuitive input method. IMO it should take the text in order as input and rearrange it into one \markup \column {} per (syllable*repeat number), _and_ place brackets at the beginning and end of repeats as required. I’d love to have time for writing such a music function[1]…

Best, Simon

[1] the bracket part is more complicated, since the closing brackets would actually require something like ‘afterStanza’, if you get what I mean…