Re: Error compiling Lilypond 2.19.81

From: Peter Engelbert
Subject: Re: Error compiling Lilypond 2.19.81
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 20:48:22 +0000

Thanks for the response, David. It prompted me to do my research regarding
make vs make install—I hadn’t previously realized there was a difference
between the two.

I’ll give it another shot, this time being sure to run make before make
install. I’ll report back after I’ve done that!

In the meantime, I also noticed that for some reason Lilypond 2.18.2 is not
in the Debian Stretch (9) repository for ARM, but it IS in the Debian
Jessie (8) repository. So I was able to install 2.18.2 for the raspberry pi
by adding the Jessie repository. Is it’s absence in the Stretch repository
an oversight, or is there some reason for it?

Once again, thanks for the response, and I’ll post back if the make doesn’t
go smoothly.

Be well,
Peter