Re: C++ standards

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: C++ standards
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 21:06:53 +0200 (CEST)

>> My bad.  It's rather the AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX macro from the
>> `autoconf-archive' repository.
>
> So one needs to copy that macro from there to configure.ac or how
> does this work?

Normally, programs that use autoconf have an `m4' directory that
contains all M4 files with macros used in `configure.ac'.  The program
`aclocal' then scans `configure.ac' and copies the macros from the
files in the `m4' directory into `aclocal.m4'.

Currently, `aclocal.m4' is manually maintained in lilypond.  One
solution is to move the various macros contained in this file into
smaller files in the `m4' directory so that `aclocal' can build
`aclocal.m4'.  The other solution is to copy the AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX
macro directly to `aclocal.m4'.

    Werner