Re: Please test gub

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 23:36:00 +0100

> With this setup:
> - PRs 53-60 (including update to PR 59 on January 27) applied to GUB,
> - Ubuntu 14.05 LTS amd64, ran in a chroot from Fedora 29,
> - an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 at 3.16GHz
>
> I had a build of LilyPond binaries, tests and docs without error in
> about 8 hours, with master branch; I got also the same with
> stable/2.20
> branch plus a couple of additional commits:

I tested the resulting Mingw binary on a MS Windows 10 Home machine I
managed to put the hands on: lilypond-windows.exe (which opens the
shipped editor with the welcome text file) hangs, convert-ly.py is OK,
lilypond.exe is slow at the start. I might have screwed up something
during the build...

With another succesful build with that same LilyPond branch (dev/jm-
stable-2.20), but GUB master plus PRs 53 to 57, 58 without Python
wrapper, and 60 to 62, I got a better working Mingw (which may not be
related with the difference in GUB sources): lilypond-windows.exe works
normally, convert-ly and lilypond work well, but just like on the other
build, the encoding of console messages in French in cmd.exe window is
screwed, with UTF-8 accented characters displayed as if they were
interpreted in Latin-1.

FWIW I used as a test input
https://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=2240
with application of convert-ly.