Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 06:10:37 -0600

On 2/25/2019 6:09 AM, Karlin High wrote:
I'm planing to ask on the Apple Developer Forum about possibilities for Linux cross-compile - explaining our current situation, future options, and software license concerns.

Starting discussion on Apple Developer Forum. Post is currently awaiting moderation; it might appear here: <https://forums.developer.apple.com/community/xcode/getting-started>

"
I am doing some research and testing for the GNU LilyPond project. (http://lilypond.org, sheet music engraving software) This is part of an effort to produce a 64-bit macOS version of the software as required by the next macOS version; currently only 32-bit is offered. The installer packages for LilyPond are built using not XCode, but a cross-compiler on Linux (http://lilypond.org/gub/) which produces installers for Linux, macOS, Windows, and FreeBSD. It looks like that build system would need a newer version of the macOS SDK from XCode to produce a 64-bit macOS installer; currently it appears to use Mac OS X SDK 10.4u. And a quick reading of the current XCode Software Licence Agreement finds that Section 2.5 "Copies" does not allow for using any part of XCode on anything but Apple-branded hardware. I am unsure which Apple forum is best for further discussion on that. If this one is suitable, I'll continue here. Otherwise, which one should I use?
"

--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA