Re: Still cannot build GUB with stable/2.20 branch

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Still cannot build GUB with stable/2.20 branch
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 00:00:20 +0100

John Mandereau <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> I already asked almost one month ago if we could we cherry-pick the
> following commits from master:
>
> 88633ac Issue 5469/2: Add `TEX` environemnt variable for texi2pdf
> e757c64 Issue 5469/1: Tweak wrapped lines
> 002382c Issue 5463: Fix dblatex uses xetex backend
>
> Without them, GUB build on stable/2.20 branch fails on lilypond-test,
> because etex is wrongly called. Are there good objections to
> backporting to stable/2.20 branch the three commits above, to fix this
> known issue?
> Now I can build GUB from scratch in only 4 to 5 hours, so I'd like to
> test GUB changes on the two branches which are going to be used for the
> next releases.

This dropped through the floor with me apparently.  I was going to ask
what was holding up 2.19.83 (?) at the moment.  I thought this was some
GUB problem again.

The currently rather long persisting release-less state is quite a
nuisance and I have problems understanding what stopped our releases
from working when they did work previously and I am not aware of things
particularly breaking this situation.

I cherry-picked those commits now but have no idea what I am actually
doing here.  Our current distribution of workers and implied or assumed
responsibilities does not seem to be in good shape currently.  We should
get this to converge to a better state if we can.