Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 21:01:26 -0400

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 8:58 PM Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure there are no Mac build instructions for Lilypond.
>
> The Linux build instructions are in the Contributor's Guide.
>
> GUB is a Linux build environment.

I know GUB is a Linux build environment, but that’s irrelevant since it’s
where the Mac builds are currently being done, and therefore it’s where I’d
expect the Mac build scripts to live.

> Daniel reported success in a Homebrew build for the Mac.  I would guess
> that he's willing to share it with you.

I didn’t think he had reported actual success, but Daniel, if you’re
reading this, I’d love to see the relevant Homebrew formula if it exists.

> I hope you can get it working!  I'm a Mac user and would love to get to 64
> bit.

I suspect I can, but we’ll see.