Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 21:06:45 +0200

> On 17 May 2019, at 16:10, Marnen Laibow-Koser <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Given that MacPorts supports more packages than Homebrew this is a
>> very bold statement.
>
> Homebrew supports enough packages, and it’s really easy to add new ones, so
> that’s pretty much irrelevant.

Somebody said it had problems with choosing versions. For example, LilyPond
uses Guile 1.8, not the latest, and the lilypond in MacPorts uses gcc8, not the
latest supported gcc9.

As for the SDK, the one they use is the latest having a true GCC, which is
gcc4, I think, and what is called gcc after that is instead clang, not the
official version, but an inhouse version, and lilypond does not compile with
any of them.