Re: updated Stockhausen example

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: updated Stockhausen example
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 19:41:39 +0200 (CEST)

>>I have a hard time imagining a performer bringing this to life in a
>>manner justifying the complexity written into the score.
>
> Why?
>
> It seems you haven"t heard enough of today"s highly qualified and
> dedicated performers ...

It's not about performing this notation.  I'm sure this could be
*much* simpler notated, and nobody listening to it would hear a
difference.

At least for ensemble music this makes a huge difference IMHO – the
simpler the score, the less rehearsal time you need, and the better
the performance is.

    Werner