Re: ottava signs

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: ottava signs
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 10:41:13 +0200

Am 29.09.19 um 10:28 schrieb Malte Meyn:
and a third one about vertical alignment.

I’m not sure how a easily changeable vertical alignment should be done best: The easiest solution I found would be to remove the line

text.align_to (Y_AXIS, CENTER);

from ottava-bracket.cc (line 179 in current master). This way using the \general-align or \vcenter markup function the alignment can be done while setting the ottavationMarkups. Only problem: \set-ting Staff.ottavation to a simple string or not explicitely aligned markup will lead to a bottom alignment instead of center and I don’t know whether it would be possible to write a convert-ly rule that covers such cases.

Another solution would be a simple grob property for that alignment. First I thought one could simply use a direction like #UP, #CENTER, #DOWN but that would not cover cases of ottava bassa if you want f. e. top-aligned 8va and bottom-aligned 8ba.

Any thoughts on that?

Cheers,
Malte